MDCC Mission Statement
Mid Devon Cycle Club is a community resource giving open access, supporting and promoting cycling for all, across a wide range of cycling activities to people in Devon and beyond. The club:
- Offers substantial physical and emotional health benefits including a broad social programme
- Nurtures diversity
- Provides coaching, funding and facilities to aspiring competitive cyclists
- Contributes to improvement of the environment by influencing positive change.
MDCC Vision Statement – OUR ROAD MAP FOR THE FUTURE
Mid Devon Cycling Club will be an exemplar of a modern and progressive community Sports Organisation; a centre of excellence unlocking the potential of all its members and providing opportunity for fun and good mental and physical wellbeing.
Mid Devon Cycle Club will:
- Secure growth in numbers and breadth of cycling activity whilst exhibiting commitment to its proud roots of competitive cycling
- Coach and develop future champions
- Build an expanding portfolio of activity to attract a broader community of interest and enable greater participation
- Provide an improved rewards and recognition process.
- Continue its commitment to its Dartmoor Classic Sportive enabling contribution to relevant local charitable concerns and to the infrastructure needed for development of its aims and of a growth in community hubs in the local area.
- Host national standard cycling events that will be part of the building of MDCC as a recognised leading cycling club in the national context.
- Expand its network of influence across community organisations to bring about positive changes in attitude towards cycling and cyclists in every aspect of society.
- Lobby for suitable engineering and construction work to accommodate the increasing importance of cycling as a means for transportation.
- Contribute to the improvement of the environment by influencing positive change.